Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Homeowner

I was able to close on the house I've been living in in Versailles yesterday afternoon; I'm now officially the owner of my house! I was excited. That means that I pretty much have everything taken care of related to Ryan's estate and I'm looking toward the future in things that need to be taken care of around here. As I'm doing that, I'm looking at the calendar and realizing that my precious summer and free time are getting close to being gone . . . Aubrey and I have really enjoyed this summer and all the things we've done and I'm not ready for it to be over yet.

I'm going to be doing some landscaping around the house, removing the bushes from the flower beds and finding some more attractive flowers to plant. I'm also hoping to have a patio put in out back before fall gets here; I'm going to find out what the estimate for that job is tomorrow, so we'll see if we can get a patio or not :)

We went to Kings Island yesterday and had a lot of fun. Tonight I'm going with Jake and Brandi and my friend Emily to a Little Big Town concert; mom won tickets on the Tiger and didn't want to go. I'm looking forward to that.

I'm having a garage sale next week. I still have some of Ryan's tools that I'm hoping to get rid of, we've got baby clothes, all the stuff that went with Aubrey's nursery decor, some books, a couple ceiling fans, and a couple old tables to sell. If you need anything we'll be around Wednesday afternoon-Friday trying to sell it!

We also have Aubrey's birthday coming up next weekend! She is super excited.

-A

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being a new home owner! That must be so exciting! Hope things continue to be all positive for you and Aubrey!

    And... Little Big Town Concert??!!! You must be heading to the greatest county fair in Indiana!!! I can't say greatest county fair on earth because that title belongs to the Darke County fair. But Jay County is where I am located now. Maybe we'll run into eachother. I hope you have a real good time!

    And we are so not ready to have the summer come to an end either. Just enjoy these last couple of weeks!!

    May God Bless!
    ~Alan, Vickie, Simon, Eli, and Henry Dirksen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the house worked out for you. Sounds like you and Aubrey are doing great! Love, Lisa and Jeremy

    ReplyDelete