Saturday, August 30, 2014

Running a 5K

Sometimes I feel like my life is one big marathon, and many days I don't get to walk much.  Today, I ran a 5K (yes a real one) for the very first time.  A friend of mine challenged me to sign up for a 5K and run with her back in May.  At first, I really didn't think there was any way that I could achieve that, but I decided that I was going to try.  I downloaded the couch to 5K app on my phone and got started.

I ran the 5K today in 30 minutes and 2 seconds, which was my best time since I've been training.  I also won 2nd place in my age division!



As a mom, I don't do much for myself, but it has felt good to bet a little bit more in shape and I'm kind of proud of myself for meeting this goal.

Enjoy the long weekend.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment