Monday, January 16, 2012

Speeding Through January

I can't believe that it is already January 16! We are halfway through the first month of 2012 and it doesn't seem possible. We haven't been doing much exciting stuff.

Russell moved into the farm house, his house, on January 1 or 2; I can't remember the exact date. He had us out this past Saturday to see the updates and he's done a fantastic job. I'm going to post one picture of the kitchen and anyone who's been in the house will notice several differences. He has put a lot of hard work into it! While we were there, Aubrey kept wanting to go upstairs and see her room - Russell hasn't done anything upstairs, so her room looked the same except it didn't have any furniture in it. She couldn't understand why we couldn't call it her room anymore.



Another funny from Aubrey - a couple weeks ago we saw a cigarette butt on the ground at the gas station and she asked what it was. I explained it to her and told her that smoking was yucky. She later told me that she did not smoke, to which I was very thankful because I'm not sure how a 3 year old would get cigarettes, but anyway :) Russell had a friend make smoked pork loin for supper on Saturday. When she heard it was smoked, she was worried because smoking was bad and she wasn't sure if we should eat it :)

-A

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow! I love the red! he has made big time changes. I am sure it was a weird feeling for you. Amy B

    ReplyDelete