Friday, July 31, 2009

More Ups Than Downs

Well, there is finally some good news! Sorry that I haven't written since Tuesday - I took Aubrey to the aquarium and King's Island and haven't been around a computer. On Wednesday Ryan's legs started to swell up greatly. Aubrey and I visisted Wednesday morning and he was pretty much the same as he had been Tuesday. During the day Wednesday, his legs began to swell more. When I came to see him last night, he was really swelled up. Although the swelling in his legs hasn't gone down much, I believe the swelling in his stomach has. He is able to pass some gas and had a small bowel movement today. Dr. Marinella was happy with his abdomen scans today, said they looked much better than the last few have looked. The surgeon was in and didn't stay long, but told him to keep doing whatever he was doing because it was working!

It will still be several days in here before everything is back to normal, but I truly think we are now on the up side of things. Keep praying that Ryan will make improvements each and every day.

-A

1 comment:

  1. You are all in my prayers. I know the frustration that you feel and sometimes it's so hard to have the peace that we need. Only God can give it to us and we must give it all to the Lord. I still haven't found that I can do that, but I do know I feel better when I pray for Him to give me the peace I need at that time whenever that may be. Let me know if I can help out with anything that you need done.

    Love and prayers,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete