Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Worst Birthday Ever

This may have been the title of a post almost 1 year ago. Last year on my birthday, which is tomorrow, Ryan was in the hospital and I had planned to go directly there from work. Unfortunately, Aubrey was sick and I had to stay home to take her to the doctor. Strangely, I thought she was going to have to make a trip to the doctor yesterday. Last year at this time, it was snowing. It was snowing so much that after we got home from the doctor's office, it was too bad outside to head to the hospital, so on my 29th birthday, I was stuck at home with a sick child - away from my husband. Last year, I said I was having the worst birthday ever.

As my birthday approached this year, I started to have a feeling that maybe last year's birthday wasn't so bad . . . this year I don't even have the option of talking to Ryan on the phone and I'm going to be turning 30! I started feeling sorry for myself and thinking that maybe this year's birthday would be the worst ever.

However, I was surprised on Sunday with a birthday party to celebrate my 30 years of life and I felt old! Aubrey had been up most of the night complaining that her ear was hurting and we were at my parents, so we ended up sleeping on the coach, when I finally got her to sleep around 3:00. I was so sore when I woke up that I felt much older than almost 30. Anyway, I don't think this will be the worst birthday ever.

I'd like to thank my parents, family, and friends for remembering my big day and continuing to keep Aubrey and me in your prayers, we appreciate each and every one.

-A

1 comment: