Monday, February 21, 2011

A New Direction

It has been with a lot of prayer and thinking that I have made the decision that it is in the best interest of Aubrey and me to move. I probably made the decision back in December, but I haven't been very vocal about it because I wanted to have time to get things in order for my third of the partnership before I told everyone. We (Ryan's family and I) are now in the final stages of taking care of this issue and I am house hunting. I actually had a house picked out in Versailles, but it had a contingency offer on it, and when I made an offer, the first buyers removed their contingency to sell their house and just closed on the house I wanted this past Saturday. I was disappointed, but I'm sure that means that God has a different plan for me, I'm just not sure what that is as the housing market in Versailles is slim at the moment. I am really wanting to stay in the Versailles area because Aubrey loves her baby-sitter and I know the process I went through baby-sitter hunting the first time. I also like the idea of Aubrey going to her daddy's Alma mater, so I'd like to stay in the Versailles school district. I think that at this point in the game that I am better off living in town with a small yard to take care of and not much work to do to keep the house going. This farm house seems much too big when just Aubrey and I are here.

I also want to stay in the area so we can come out to the farm and take tractor and combine rides with Uncle Russell and Grandpa and Aubrey also enjoys petting the mules and Grandpa's horses.

I would really appreciate your prayers on this matter, I want the right house for me and I also want to be able to move in a timely manner.

On another note, Aubrey went bowling for the first time yesterday, and we only had to get someone to get our ball from the lane twice because we didn't roll it hard enough. She had a good time. I'll try to post pictures in a day or so; I'm having trouble loading them from my iPad.

If anyone knows of a house in Versailles with an attached garage and 3 bedrooms, let me know!


-A

4 comments:

  1. Hi April,

    I found these houses in Versailles. I don't think that any of them have an attached garage, but they still might be worth exploring. We were hoping for an attached garage as well when we were looking, but eventually realized that a house in Chicagoland with any garage was a bonus! :) It isn't as nice to walk in the snow to get to my garage in the winter, but at least I don't have to scrape off ice or brush off snow.

    http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/408-E-Main_Versailles_OH_45380_M42447-40997

    http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/350-E-Wood_Versailles_OH_45380_M35069-12601?ex=OH520488281

    http://realestate.yahoo.com/Ohio/Versailles/605-e-main-st:b6acdf7951f0b4274de016d8915c0

    Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure this was a hard decision for you to make. But with prayer and the support of both Ryan and your families I know it will work out for you. I wish you the very BEST of luck finding a house in Versailles and I am glad you are planning on staying in the area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you about the house. I'm sure that wasn't an easy decision, and finding the right place will be really important to having peace about it. I know what it's like to have your hopes up on a house (and an offer on it) and then it doesn't work out. I was crushed, but you're right...there was something better out there. I'll be praying for you.

    gretta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apri,

    There is a house on Conover just south of us that just went up for sale. It has an attached garage. It is about the 4th house north of 121.

    Sam Custer

    ReplyDelete