Sunday, March 6, 2011

Our Status

I haven't blogged much about how Aubrey and I have been. Unless something majorly stressful happens, and we've had several of those situations, then we generally deal with things fairly well. Aubrey asks about Daddy often and usually prays for him at bedtime. Otherwise, I think she is adjusting well to just Mommy at this point, but she's still young. I've been noticing lately that I'm very concerned when we go places and it is just Aubrey and me. I never in a million years thought I would be a single mother and sometimes feel self-conscience about that. I think God has been trying to speak to me about this issue though. A couple of times we've been in a restaurant, just the two of us, and a complete stranger will come up and tell me that she is well-behaved and that I'm a patient mother. It is usually in those times that I'm not feeling very patient with Aubrey at all, but I think God has been sending little reminders to me. Last night I was reading a magazine and there was an article titled, "Co-Parenting With God", and I realized that although Ryan wasn't meant to be able to be on earth for all of Aubrey's life, that God has promised He would never give me more than I can handle and that he'll always be with me.

On a different note, I have found another house. I made an offer on it yesterday and the offer was accepted. In all actuality, the morning after I blogged about moving and looking for a house, I got an email from a friend about a house her uncle was selling. I went and looked at the house two days later, looked at it again that weekend, and made an offer that was accepted yesterday. I am excited about moving. It will probably still be a couple of month and the house needs a few things, but I'm looking forward to a clean palette for decorating!

Aubrey wasn't feeling real well last Tuesday and I took her to the after hours doctor. He said her throat was red and put her on an antibiotic. She seemed ok by Wednesday afternoon and went back to Sandy's on Thursday, when I picked her up, she was running a fever again. I took her back to the doctor Friday and she said that Aubrey had pneumonia. She got a different antibiotic, and I think this one seems to be working. She hasn't had a fever since Friday afternoon and her cough has become more productive. We have a follow-up appointment this Friday to make sure her lungs sound better.

Thank you for your prayers.

-A

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finding the house! I am sure are going to have fun this summer making it a home for you and your sweet Aubrey. I can only imagine the constant reminders you have of Ryan's absence. However, those are there for you to know that he will always be with the two of you. I pray often for strength and guidance for you. Continue with God leading!
    Love and prayers always!

    ReplyDelete