Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cruising Right Along

We are cruising along in our neck of the woods. We are eagerly awaiting a closing with Russell, who is buying out Ryan's third of the family partnership. I will be signing the contract on the new house on Monday and then will be ordering new flooring and countertops for the kitchen. Aubrey and I have been to the "new house", which is technically not ours yet, but we're treating it as so, to look at cabinet pulls, match flooring, measure windows, and just run up and down the hallways. The new house has a full basement in it and Aubrey wants to go downstairs every time we go there. We are looking forward to having a place to ride our bikes - well, I don't have a bike, so I may have to get one - walk to the park, and play with neighbors.

I have to keep reminding myself that things move in God's time and not mine. I sometimes tend to get a little impatient with how slowly I feel things are moving. I would love to have an exact moving date in mind, but I don't yet. I hope that it will be in early June, but we'll see how things go. For now, we are happy that we can see them moving ahead and that we're getting closer each day. I would really love to be able to move before I have to mow my grass, but I don't think that's going to happen. I probably should start looking over the mower to determine if there are any flat tires and see if it will even start! I have figured out more about how things work since I try to do it my own and not rely on someone else first . . . I still rely on my dad and Russell for things, but I can figure some things out myself :)

Aubrey has definitely beaten her pneumonia. She is still coughing which I think is an allergy issue, so now she's on claritin, but she's sleeping and not coughing at night and I'm thankful.

-A

1 comment:

  1. What is it with toddlers and basements? Gareth has this idea that any time we go into anyone else's house, he just wants to get to the basement. A few months ago, we visited friends and while we were in the living room (which had plenty of toys), he kept asking to leave. As soon as we went down the basement, he didn't want to go home. He gets like that at our house, too, although not so much lately, since his Legos are upstairs. But if he gets it in his head to build a steam train out of cushions in the basement, there's no stopping him. Glad things are moving forward for you.

    gretta

    ReplyDelete