Friday, August 26, 2011

Love Lives On



Songs really speak to me and it is when I'm driving in the car, usually to or from work, that I think about Ryan the most and I hear songs on the radio that remind me of him or something we did together. Many of you have not seen me cry much; I cry a lot in the car.

I heard the song Love Lives on by Mallory Hope sometime before Ryan passed away (this was the song sung at his funeral). It spoke to me then and continues to speak to me, as I think about Aubrey growing up and keeping Ryan alive in our hearts and minds, especially because her own memories of him and things they did together with be few.

One way that Ryan lives on for us is through the fair. Although this has been a really tough week and going to the fair will probably always be a little tough, we go because that's what Ryan would have wanted. Ryan loved the fair and I could have cared less if we went more than one time. I remember the first time we went to the fair together and we had to buy passes for the whole week. I was convinced it was a waste of money and that we wouldn't go enough to pay for them; I was wrong . . . we went a lot and continued to go a lot every year. We even went at least 2 times the year Aubrey was just a little over 2 weeks old!



Last year we made it to the fair one day, but this year, we went to the fair 5 days! I actually went 7, but 2 were just at lunch time. Aubrey loves the fair - she loves the rides and the horse races and seeing the animals. We had a lots of favorites: food - cotton candy, ride - the Paratroopers, animals - the Wuebker's cows, special activity - the kiddie tractor pull, favorite horse - Kaptain. Aubrey got 9th place and a trophy in the tractor pull tonight.



Favorite picture:


I really appreciate all the cards, notes, and flowers I got this week. I really appreciate that you all think about us and pray for us often. It truly means a lot to me.

-A

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures!! I'm glad you enjoyed the fair.
    ~Jacci

    ReplyDelete
  2. We thought of you, Aubrey, and Ryan alot during fair. Sad that we didn't run into you while we were there. We were just around the corner from Wuebker's in the barns. I love the pictures of Aubrey they are so cute!
    Love and Prayers,
    Taylor and Jo Stuck

    ReplyDelete
  3. April...once again I read your post and am amazed at the strength and love that pours from you. I am sure there are times that you feel those are the last two words on Earth that would describe you, but that is what I see. God has many great things in store for you and your beautiful daughter. Just keeping looking for those butterflies....Ryan will always be with you. The love you shared here is not changed.

    ReplyDelete