Monday, December 5, 2011

Cutting Down the Christmas Tree

Aubrey is so excited for Christmas this year. She is so amazed by all the lights and decorations and she was a big help decorating our Christmas tree tonight.

On Saturday, my mom helped me hang Christmas lights around our porch. I bugged Ryan for several years to put Christmas lights out, but we never had outlets on the front porch. This year, both our neighbors put lights up and when Aubrey asked where ours were, I didn't have any reason not to put any up. I had to go buy some, but we have lights outside now!

We went on Saturday afternoon to cut down our Christmas tree. We put it up last night and I got the lights on. When we got home this afternoon, Aubrey helped me put the ornaments on.

Here is Aubrey and I at the Christmas tree farm.



-A

1 comment:

  1. We cut our tree also this past weekend. I cannot say that Gareth was such a big help in decorating it today, though! He has also asked where our lights are. Some of our neighbor's houses are really decked out, and one has an inflatable snowman. I tried to tell him that ours were the the lamp post and house lights. I don't think he was convinced! We do have real greens, though! That ought to count for something, but it doesn't in his book, b/c you can't see them at night.

    ReplyDelete