Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Fruit of the Spirit

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, and peace, patience, kindness, and goodness. The Fruit of the Spirit is faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. We have been studying the fruit of the spirit at church the past three Sundays. The children sang a song for us this morning and those first two sentences are the chorus of the song. It is a song that they sing in their own worship time on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights and every time I hear it, it gets stuck in my head.

Mike (our minister) has been sharing with us about how we can have unlimited amounts of the fruits - if we choose to take them from Jesus - he offers them always, we just need to be ready and willing to take them. Think about it - who doesn't want more love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control? I don't think there's anyone who could say they wouldn't enjoy having more of those. I think the fruit I need the most of is patience - especially with Aubrey. She is a very independent soul and likes to take her own time to complete each and every thing she does throughout the day. I often require extra patience with her and depending on the day, sometimes run out. This is something that I pray continually for more of!

Our sermon today was about the last three fruits - faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. I should have been taking notes today because I kept finding myself shaking my head and I wanted to share more about what I was learning with you, but I don't remember everything he said. One thing I do know is that we talked about trusting and having faith that God's telling us the truth by sending his son and giving us the Bible.

We also read Philippians 4:4 and then I read on and want to share the passage here (it really spoke to me today) "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things." Philippians 4:4-8

We have a few prayer requests - I have two very busy weeks at work coming, where I will have a different schedule than normal. I pray that Aubrey will be ok in the evenings after having to get up early for several days in a row. I also want to ask for prayer for some good friends of ours.

Thank you all for continuing to pray for us

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment