Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mother's Day

I know it has been almost a week since Mother's Day, but I haven't had time to sit down at the computer long enough to transfer pictures and compose this blog.  Aubrey got me some garden decorations for Mother's Day and she couldn't wait to give me my present Sunday morning. She even signed the card all my herself! Brandi and I made lunch for my mom on Sunday, but the girls had to do the dishes. We spent Sunday evening with the Wulber family at Auntie Rachel's house. Aubrey loves to spend time with Uncle Nathan and Uncle Russell because she loves the attention and rough-housing time that she gets when she sees them. It is times like these that make me miss Ryan the most. Not only for me, but for Aubrey who is missing the special things that daddies have to give that I don't always have the time or energy to give. Mother's Day has been a bittersweet day the past couple of years. Ryan's first mother's day gift to me, when Aubrey was almost a year old was my dishwasher. I think I will be forever grateful for that gift as I don't have time to wash dishes all the time, nor do I like to wash dishes! I hope you all had the chance to enjoy family time on Mother's Day. -A

No comments:

Post a Comment