Saturday, June 18, 2011

Closing & Closure

We finally had a closing with the Wulber Family this past Thursday. This process drug on way longer than I wanted it to, but everything is taken care of now. I have about another month or two to finishing up Ryan's estate to the point where I can close that. Somewhere in between that time, I will also be able to close on the house I'm now living in and then I'll be a homeowner! That means I'm going to have to mow my grass. I didn't mind mowing the grass at all at the farm because I could ride around the yard for a couple hours in peace. I will have to push mow here because the yard is a little small to be mowing with a rider. I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it quite as much then or not, we'll see.

I also wanted to share with everyone that I certainly feel that this is the house that I'm supposed to be living in. Sometime during the week after we moved in, last week, my mom told me that two of my aunts watched a butterfly fly around the living room while we were moving in Saturday. I didn't see it, but the butterfly has been my sign since last August, so when mom told me that, it made everything fell comfortable. A few nights after we moved in, I could also smell Ryan's cologne in the house when I would walk in from the garage; I just had this feeling that he was here and telling me that I did the right thing.

I'm smiling a little more these days, although Aubrey has been asking for daddy a lot in the last few days. She "talked to him on the cell phone" from her swing set one evening this week because he didn't call her last Sunday. They must have been really busy in Heaven last week since he forgot to call :)

We are still slowly unpacking. I have a lighter schedule this coming week and hope to get rid of boxes upstairs and organize things that have already been put away.



-A

4 comments:

  1. Oh! I am so happy you were able to close on the house, I know that must have really been stressful. Thank you for posting the picture of Aubrey, she is getting so big. I am glad you feel Ryan's comfort in your new home. He will remain with you and Aubrey. The phone calls to daddy made me smile! Try and get a picture of her talking to him. I am sure she would cherish it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April,

    I'm glad you guys are getting moved in, getting comfortable and feeling more at home. The kids ask about "Aubrey, the little girl next door" when we are outside and she is not. I hope you'll both enjoy living there.

    Chloe's birthday is tomorrow, and we are having a little family gathering on Saturday evening beginning around 4:30PM. If you girls are home, you are welcome to stop by. There's certainly no pressure, but we will be playing out back, weather permitting.

    Hope you guys are well and enjoying the summer!
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got tears in my eyes reading this.. so glad everything is going well. It still brakes my heart to think of you two having to lose someone so close and dear to you... but we keep praying for you and so happy to hear that God (and Ryan) is giving you the strength to carry on and continue to bless you with joy in your life also.

    Another family that had to lose a young child too soon due to cancer promises that they receive messages and comfort in the form of a butterfly, too. They went to a butterfly garden (a first vacation since losing their beautiful little girl), and one little butterfly sat on the dad's shoulder the whole time they were in there -- one of the workers there had said that that never happens. I hope that you will continue to feel Ryan's little visits and find comfort always. We will continue to pray for you girls. I am sure there will be days of the ocassional meltdowns, but I hope you have more joy and smiles as time moves on. We will always remember Ryan and thank goodness for the happy memories that we can always cherish!

    After reading the comments, it sounds like you are blessed with wonderful new neighbors also! May things continue to go your way, and may Ryan keep praying for you as he watches closely over you from heaven.

    May God Bless!

    ~Alan, Vickie, Simon, Eli, and Henry Dirksen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see Lilli there in Aubrey's arms...and good to read you are finding peace in your new home.

    gretta

    ReplyDelete