Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A New House

Thanks to lots of family members and a few friends, we were able to get everything moved to the new house. We had almost everything moved on Saturday. We went back Sunday for sand for Aubrey's sand box and the gator. I had help yesterday with moving my large kitchen hutch and a shelf from our bedroom. Now, everything has been moved. I've been slowly going through the process of unpacking boxes. I keep thinking each afternoon when I go home from work that I'm going to manage to get the kitchen unpacked. It hasn't happened yet. It is still my goal for tonight, we'll see.

We had a small crisis on Saturday because we lost Lilli (Aubrey's doll) and Aubrey had to sleep without her Saturday night. Part of me was hopeful that she wouldn't be found so that I wouldn't have to take her away someday, but the mom in me knew that Aubrey probably needed her, especially with this move. Luckily, Mamaw found her smashed between 2 boxes on Sunday afternoon.

We would appreciate your prayers as we are adjusting as well as prayers for a closing, as we haven't yet been able to close on either house.

-A

2 comments:

  1. Thinking about and praying for you and Aubrey. ~Jacci

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always in our prayers! Hoping the move goes as smoothly as possible and everyone adjusts well! Thanks for the updates -- maybe we'll run into at Poultry Days! Take Care!

    ~Alan, Vickie, Simon, Eli, and Henry Dirksen

    ReplyDelete