Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Unpacking the Kitchen

I was sure that it wouldn't take too long to get the kitchen unpacked. It was my singular goal every night last week. It finally got completely finished up yesterday. There are still pictures to hang on the walls, but there are no more boxes sitting around on the floor and everything has been put away in cabinets! My mom came up one evening last weekend while we were not home and worked on unpacking - there would probably still be boxes in the kitchen if not for her.

My next goal is to get the office unpacked. I have lots of books and so it seems to take me a while to determine which shelf I want everything on. I have 1 of the 3 bookshelves full, so I'm at least 1/3 of the way there. I moved some office supplies around and put into a cabinet last night and moved some garage sale things downstairs. I can see more of the floor now. I'll keep chipping away at it this week. There are a few boxes in the living room, but mostly boxes of decorations that I really don't need to unpack until I have everything else situated. The third project will be going through the closets that we unpacked for me and figuring out where everything is!

Thank you for your continued prayers. If anyone saw Aubrey's fingernail polish on moving day, let me know. She wants to have her nails painted and I can't find the polish.

-A

2 comments:

  1. Goodluck with the unpacking -- I'm sure it can be overwhelming! And we'll ask Saint Anthony to pray to Jesus for that nail polish to be found!

    Take Care!

    ~The Dirksens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about you often as you and Aubrey move into your new house, I know you will make a wonderful home for the two of you in no time! Keep your families and God close to you and all will be well!

    ReplyDelete