Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ryan's Scholarship

I got online for the purpose of blogging about Ryan's memorial scholarship fund, and totally forgot that topic!

Last Friday, I was able to take a check for $14,772.62 to the HOPE foundation of Darke County to begin Ryan's scholarship. The endowment level for a scholarship to continue forever is $25,000 - that is my eventual goal. Before the pork loin benefit, we had a little over $3000.00 in the fund. I figured it would probably take three or four more years to do a couple of fundraisers to reach that goal, but then I received an email from Betsy, who was in charge of the benefit. They transferred over $10,000 into the account at the bank that was holding the other donations. I almost fell off my chair. Thank you so much to everyone who was so generous in giving for this cause.

We will be able to choose a scholarship recipient this year, if there are any qualified applicants. All applications for the graduating class of 2010 have already been submitted. The scholarship will hopefully be awarded yearly to a student planning to pursue agricultural education or a related agricultural field at a two or four year school. We will be giving preference to students from an FFA program or graduating from MVCTC.

-A

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome news April! I know Ryan is smiling above and thanking everyone. You remain in my prayers and thoughts and glad we ALL could help...Ryan would have done the same.

    Scott Ward

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! I am not surprised at all, Ryan touched the lives of so many people. Everyone is just doing what is right and giving back. April, we continue to pray for you and check the blog often to see what you and Aubrey have been doing. Continue to let God take care of you and rest assure prays are always being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow April! That is fantastic. Eva Brownlee

    ReplyDelete