Sunday, June 27, 2010

Back Home

We are back home tonight - all 3 of us! We were able to leave Columbus a little before 10:00 this morning which put us at my parents' house right after they got home from church, right in time for lunch. They had Aubrey anyways, so we had to stop there. After lunch, Ryan took a nap while Aubrey, Grandma, and I swam. That didn't last too long because once we were all in it began thundering and then raining, so we had to get out. PaPaw then got out the gator and Aubrey and I went with him on a gator ride. When we returned, Ryan was up and so he went with PaPaw and Aubrey on a gator ride. We then headed home. Ryan looked at something on the combine and then rested a little while Aubrey napped.

We went down to his parents' this evening and had supper and then headed home. I gave Aubrey a bath while he slept upstairs in the rocking chair and now he's sleeping on the couch. He has 2 more days to complete for work, so I'm going to drive him around tomorrow to do some visits.

Please pray that he has enough strength to make it through - he really wants to fulfill his days. We head back to Columbus for a check-up on Tuesday.

-A

2 comments:

  1. Ryan and April,

    My name is Sara (Peters)Menzie. I went to Ansonia, and know Ryan through FFA. I have been following your blog for a while now, and greatly appreciate your faith, courage, strength, love, and patience. I wanted to mention that I live in Columbus now, and would love to help out in any way possible. I have 2 children of my own (3 and 1), and I would be available to help with Aubrey if you would like. Let me know if you need anything! My prayers are with you!!
    sbpmenzie@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I haven't read your blog for awhile now with having a newborn in the house, and preparing for Baptism, and all the other farm work - it didn't leave much time for the computer! I just assumed that everything was going well. I just got caught up with everything tonight! My heart sank when I read of the relapse. I began my phone calls and reminded people to pray hard for all of you. April, this has to be hard on you, too, with trying to be the strong wife and wonderful mother. I'm so sorry that Aubrey has to miss her daddy too. And, Ryan, you keep fighting through this! We are all praying for each one of you -- what doesn't break you can only make you stronger. We are praying hard that God will let his healing grace fall down upon you (just like all the rain we have been receiving in Indiana!) We have it so wet out here that my husband has not been the happiest camper! We have been so worried about our crops, but hearing about your story sure puts everything into perspective. We will be praying and praying for you. Stay strong! And thanks for keeping us updated with this blog. Hope to read only good news from now on! Our thoughts and prayers are with you, may God continue to hold you and help you through all of this!

    Love,
    Alan, Vickie, Simon, Eli and Henry Dirksen

    ReplyDelete