Monday, June 21, 2010

Back in Columbus

Ryan just wasn't feeling any better last evening, so I decided he needed to be seen. We came over to Columbus to the ER and got here around 10:15 last night. They drew blood, took x-rays, etc. and came back about 15 minutes later and told us that Ryan's white blood count was elevated to 50,000. On Tuesday it was 7,000 (in the normal range). The two options were infection and relapse of the leukemia. Dr. Devine is attending on the floor and he was in this morning. He said by looking the the lab results and a few of the differential counts that they look at that it is most likely a relapse of the leukemia. His platelets were also low, so they placed a picc line in his arm this morning and have now started some platelets running. It sounds like they will be starting some new chemotherapy tomorrow, but I think they are also planning on doing a bone marrow biopsy sometime today as well.

Right now there are lots of unknowns and I am feeling a bit depressed about having to go through this again. Ryan had been back to work since June 2, but it now looks like that might have to be put on hold. I'm just not sure what will happen at this point. We ask for prayers that God will continue to sustain us and that Aubrey will be comforted as well. I don't like to leave her, especially since I just started a bit of a summer break. I know God will continue to be in control, but my mind races with so many things to worry about - insurance, bills, spending time with Aubrey, work, and it goes on and on . . .

-A

3 comments:

  1. Ryan,
    Keep your spirits up and know that we're all thinking about you.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for all of you. If you need someone to watch Aubrey we would be happy to help. Hang in there!
    ~Jacci

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you all and hyolding thumbs that it is an infection. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

    Savannah

    ReplyDelete