Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Better Day

I think today has been a better day than yesterday. Ryan says that he feels a little better and when I talked to him, except for first thing this morning, he seemed more alert and he knew what had been going on. This morning his fever was down and then it came up again this afternoon. They gave Ryan a dose of steroids, hoping that would help to control the fever a little better. When I talked to him a little before 9, he said his fever was almost back to normal. I pray confidently tonight that it will stay down and tomorrow he will be fever free.

I think it does me good to get away for a day. Although I always freak out when I'm not in the room to hear what the doctors and nurses are saying and I worry that I am missing something. Ryan had the same nurse today as he had yesterday, so I was able to talk with her on the phone a few times today so I knew pretty much everything that was going on.

Ryan is on oxygen, his levels were going down to around 88 and they like them to stay above 90, so they put him on a little oxygen. I believe that they feel that once his fever is gone that he'll be able to come off the oxygen.

Aubrey and I went to the doctor's this morning - she has been coughing like she's got something in her throat, so I thought that while I was home, I better get her checked out. She's just got lots and lots of thick drainage in there, so they put her on an antibiotic to try to get things broken up - she is otherwise very ornery and missing her Daddy at home. We went to church today for our Summer in the Son program and then went to my parents' house to swim. We got a short swim in before the girls were ready to get out for snack - ice cream today, one of Aubrey's favorites! Aubrey and I stayed for supper there and then headed home for a bath and bed time for Aubrey and packing and preparing for the rest of the week for me.

Thank you all for the encouraging comments and prayers. I feel them giving me more peace about all this each and every day.

I thank God for the family we have - both blood relatives and our extended family and friends.

-A

3 comments:

  1. That's good to hear. We'll pray for a fever-free day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
    Isiah 26:3
    I was thinking about you being comforted in the scripture and keeping that peace in your heart knowing that God is at the helm. So here is my verse for you today.
    Much love,
    diana dyrness
    PS Please tell Ryan that I say HEY CUZ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that prayers are surrounding you as another challenge is placed in your path. We are praying for good results with the chemo, oxygen and all the other treatments.

    Sharon McKenny

    ReplyDelete