Sunday, June 6, 2010

Life is a Blessing

We are certainly getting back to normal routines, which causes us to be busy and away from home and then I don't have the time to blog. We left Friday night for southern Ohio where we planned a visit to the flea market at the Scioto county fair grounds. We took my parents, and one of my nieces along and met Ryan's parents down there for supper. We got to swim at the hotel and the girls really enjoyed that. Saturday was very hot and muggy, but we walked the whole flea market and didn't get rained on :) We got a sprinkler for Aubrey and she got a new pair of sunglasses, and Ryan found some tools and odds and ends for himself and the farm.

When we returned last night we had a graduation party to attend and then two to attend today.

I don't often read the headlines when msn comes up, but I noticed a headline about a tornado in a small Ohio town and I had to read. Turns out it was last night in a town south of Toledo and it seems to have devastated the town and killed a few people. This saddens me, I think more now than it ever would have before. Life is truly a blessing and we don't know when our last day will be.

Following God's path will lead to enjoyment while here on this earth and that's what we're striving to do each and every day.

Ryan will be getting his central line taken out Tuesday while we're in Columbus. That will be a long day, please pray for us. Aubrey had a fever Friday night and all day Saturday, as well as a rash that started yesterday afternoon. I had decided a trip to the doctor tomorrow was necessary. Her rash now seems to be subsiding and lots of drool coming from her mouth. I think she might just be getting a tooth. Please keep her in your prayers.

-A

1 comment:

  1. So happy things are going well for Ryan. Jerry got his central line out last Thursday and I am so grateful to not have to care for it every day. His DNA test showed that he has 100% donor DNA. We are so thankful. That 100 days will be here before we know it. Praying for Aubrey.
    Carolyn Armstrong

    ReplyDelete