Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

I know, I'm a couple days late already, but better late than never! We celebrated New Year's Eve at Jacci and Wade's house. I didn't really know how Aubrey would do, the party started at 7:00 which is about her bed time. She acted tired at times, but she made it all the way to midnight. We watched the ball drop and then left shortly after. She was out before we even got out of the driveway. She slept until about 9:00 on New Year's Day. We went to Tricia and Justin's after we got ready and celebrated Christmas with them. Aubrey likes playing with Brooklynn and Elliott. Then we went to my parents' where Aubrey finished her nap and then we went to Dayton for supper for my grandma's birthday. Aubrey was especially well behaved, even though she fell off her chair twice.

After church this morning, we headed to Troy to celebrate Nathan and Grandpa Shoup's birthdays. We ate Mexican. Aubrey's performance wasn't quite as stellar today, but she did ok. She is now napping. I think staying up so late is catching up with her, she slept on the way to Troy, before lunch; she also fell asleep on the way home and is still sleeping!

So, it is a new year and many of you have probably made a resolution - I'm not much for making resolutions, but I do anticipate the joys and challenges that come with a new year. Last year at this time, Ryan had been healthy for 4 months and was really getting back to feeling good. We anticipated a great year, things didn't go exactly as we planned them, but this reminds us that God is in control of all situations. We didn't plan on losing Ryan, but I know that God has it all in his hands, so in this coming year, we pray for His guidance and blessings and leave the rest up to Him.

I have to head back to work tomorrow. . . I'm not ready for vacation to be over.

-A

1 comment:

  1. You and Aubrey enter my thoughts often. Which then leads to my eyes tearing up and me turning to the Lord in prayer. April...your husband was an amazing man, the relationship the two of you shared was blessed with so much love. Please continue to carry that love and let it ease your pain. Aubrey sounds like a she is doing well. Congrats on being such a wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete