Monday, February 1, 2010

After a Week

This has been a rough 7 days, but things are finally evening out and we're into a routine. Ryan is staying in touch with his students and staff at CTC by his email, he is thankful for this. He's also trying to run the farm from the hospital room as well. I'm sure he'll be successful there too :)

I am working, going to the hospital and then going to get Aubrey, always hoping she'll be awake, but knowing she's probably already asleep when I get to her. I hate leaving her to see Ryan, but the joy I see on her face when I pick her up makes me happy at the end of the day.

Ryan's white count stayed around 500 for today and his LDH level feel again. The LDH is another marker they look for to see how his body is responding to the chemo. We are supposed to find out a little more Wednesday or Thursday about what the transition will entail from Miami Valley to OSU.

There are still many unknowns, but what we do know - God's never failing love - is guiding us and holding us up each day.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking of you often Sunday morning. We had a song interspersed with congregational reading/prayer of Psalm 66. Many of the verses reminded me of you, and I was praying them with you in mind...here they are:

    "Bless our God, O peoples,
    Let the sound of His praise be heard;
    Who has kept us among the living,
    and has not let our feet slip."

    And then later...

    "For you, O God, have tested us;
    You have tried us as silver is tried.
    You brought us into the net;
    You laid burdens on our backs;
    You let people ride over our heads;
    We went through fire and through water;
    Yet You have brought us out to a spacious place."

    "Blessed be God,
    because He has not rejected my prayer
    or removed His steadfast love from me."

    I am praying this will be your praises when you are all through with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I got to stop down yesterday and see Ryan. I really wasn't sure what to expect, considering what I walked into almost a year ago...Yesterday, he looked as good as he can!! HA HA. Glad to see he was up in the chair, playing free cell and working on stuff for farm and school. I am glad that I got the chance to sit down and chat with him. Hope I didn't keep him up too long. God Bless The Wulber Family.

    Scott Ward

    ReplyDelete