Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hurry Up and Wait

Well, I think I'm being taught patience again. I'm not getting this lesson very fast and it is frustrating me. I thought we were on a good track and had everything set up with Ohio State to get the ball rolling, but it doesn't look like Ryan will get to come home from Miami Valley until at least Thursday and so we've already missed our first appointment there. I spoke with them yesterday and they were going to try to reschedule to keep everything on track, but we have more appointments on Friday so if those get backed up then I'll think everything will have to be rescheduled.

Last night Dr. Marinella had more blood drawn to culture and he also order CT scans for Ryan's chest and abdomen. Ryan was supposed to go for those at 6 this morning, but when he called at 7:30 they hadn't even brought him the contrast stuff to drink, so they're obviously behind on that schedule. I believe that Ryan is feeling better, he didn't have nearly as much pain yesterday as he had on Sunday or Saturday.

I think I'm the one who needs the prayers today. It already frustrated me that I had to change work plans to go to Ohio State, not that I don't want to go, but because I had meetings planned with teachers and now we're on hold at Ohio State and I'm working and I could be having the meetings I already canceled so I'm feeling a little upset. Unfortunately I take that out on Ryan - and it isn't his fault. I had a rough day yesterday and it doesn't seem better this morning, but I'm praying for it to look up as the day goes on.

We thank you for all you do for us.
-A

1 comment:

  1. Your frustration is completely understandable. So many critical things are out of your control. Glad you are able to be soo honest. Welcome to the group of "perfectly imperfect" people. Jesus loves us with all of our imperfections.

    Take care of yourself in all of this.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete