Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Tired Day

Ryan's counts have been bottomed out for the last couple of days, so they should be building up anytime soon. I keep on praying that anytime will be by Tuesday! He has been tired and feeling blah for the last couple of days because of his counts, but I think he'll start feeling a little better and have a little more energy when the numbers come up.

Aubrey and I went to church this morning with my aunt and uncle and although Aubrey didn't want me to let her down, even to do my hair and make-up, before we left for church, when I asked her if she wanted to go to the nursery and play, she said yes. So, she went to the nursery, cried for a minute, and then took off like the outgoing, joyful girl she is. Well, I'm not sure she "took off," the same lady that took her from me was holding her when I went to pick her up, but she wasn't crying and she told me she had fun when I asked her. After church we picked up lunch and went to visit Daddy. You should have seen me carrying her, the overstuffed diaper bag, 2 McDonalds bags, and a cup carrier with 3 drinks in it! I had two people tell me I had my hands full. That's the truth :)

Anyway, Aubrey knew as soon as we stepped off the elevator where Daddy's room was, she tottered right down the hallway, through the doors, and into his room without any direction from me. She was excited to see him, as he was also excited to see her. We apparently have a daughter who prefers real food to McDonalds because she only ate about half of her hamburger and wanted no fries, but when Papaw and Grandma took her downstairs to the cafeteria, she ate salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, and oranges.

Ryan and I went for a walk to the maternity ward this afternoon, there's a long walkway and it makes for a good distance to get some exercise. His counts are only 200 so he has to wear a mask when we go out of the bone marrow unit. After the walk, he crashed into his bed and is now napping again. At least we got the walk in. He had a little nausea after breakfast this morning, but ate a big mac for lunch and hasn't complained about his stomach any since I've been here.

We're still praying for Tuesday, it will be so nice not to make so many trips to the hospital if he gets to come home.

-A

1 comment:

  1. Praying you are home together soon. ~Jill S.

    "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." -Romans 15:13

    ReplyDelete