Friday, October 8, 2010

She Did It

Thank you, Sandy! Aubrey went "stinky" on the potty yesterday. Sandy said it took her a little while of setting there before she was ready, but she finally did it. She was proud to tell me when I got there to pick her up.

Last night we stopped to see Grandpa and Grammy on the way home, then Aubrey played on her swing set and petted the mules. She loves being outside. I did fun things like pay bills and fold laundry :).

Tonight after work, we are going to the grocery. I told Aubrey that and she got excited. She enjoys going to town.

Please pray that all will go well with trying to sell Ryan's vehicles. I am looking at a new vehicle for myself, something that is 4-wheel drive, but I've got to get some good things out of Ryan's vehicles before I can get something new myself. I think the lawyer's office and the bank are trying to work something out, but I just continue to pray that God has the situation in his hands.


On another note - I'm not usually political, but I think we also need to pray about our who our new governor will be. I didn't really care to watch the debates last night, but I did and when John Kasich said that there are some counties in Ohio that have 6 schools and 6 superintendents and maybe 6 superintendents aren't really needed; that really hit home. I think there are probably schools in Ohio, not necessarily in Darke County, that could share superintendents, but I think that's a little scary to be talking about making those changes in a political campaign. I have heard other things that John Kasich wants to do - get rid of unions, the Ohio Department of Education, ESCs (that's where I work) - so although I would generally vote with the republican party, I'm doing some research and lots of praying to ask God for wisdom. I'm not saying that the way all of those entities operate are always the best way, but I know that the office I work in provides many services to our schools and the people that I work with enjoy their jobs and work hard. Education needs help, not more cuts and loss of resources. I'm not wanting to use this blog to tell you who to vote for, just wanted to share my thoughts.

-A

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad I found your new blog site. I have missed keeping up with the two of you and of course have been wondering how you are doing.

    God does hold you in the palm of His hand, however, I know there are times when you feel the ache of Ryan's loss. Just feel it, that's okay.

    I continue to pray for you.
    Elaine Flynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also just able to find your blog again. I am glad to hear that things are going well for Aubrey. I pray that the election goes well and does not affect education in a negative way. Your office really does a lot to help all of the county schools.

    ReplyDelete