Monday, March 23, 2009

The Day of Poking and Prodding

Today has not been the greatest day since arriving at the hospital. Ryan had a temperature last night when I left the hospital, but it got higher over night. He said that he slept well, but he did not feel well this morning. By lunch time, his temperature was down and it has stayed down all day, but he doesn't really feel a whole lot better. By the time I left the hospital tonight, his temperature was back up a little. I talked to him a little before 10 tonight and he told me that he actually felt a little better than he had when I left, that's good news!

His cough actually doesn't seem to be as bad and his numbers are up, but there is something in his lungs and the doctor isn't sure right now what it is. They have taken several blood and urine samples today so that they can determine exactly what's going on.

Ryan is so strong, he prays for me everyday, even though he's the one whose body is struggling with this disease. I've had a rough couple of days, but the Bible tells me to "Cast all my anxiety on Him because he cares for me." 1 Peter 5:7 and that's what I'm trying to do.

Praying for a good night's sleep and a better day tomorrow.

-A

1 comment:

  1. I read the below daily devotion this morning and thought of you guys:

    Ps 112:1, 6-9
    Praise the LORD. Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who finds great delight in his commands. 6 Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever. 7 He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD. 8 His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes. 9 He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor, his righteousness endures forever; his horn will be lifted high in honor.
    When we put our trust in God, knowing that he is in control of all things, we can have rest and peace. We become anxious because we do not know the future and in our minds we see bad things happening to us. It may be financial, or physical or emotional or spiritual or it may be our relationships or our families but we fear the worst may come. Whatever the reason and focus of anxiety, we can cast it all on the Lord. He is in control. That does not mean that things will always be easy or even what we think is best but God will do what is best.
    Notice in this Psalm that we are told there will be bad news, but the righteous does not fear that news. There will be enemies but we know that when we are serving God we will triumph in the end. His righteousness endures forever.
    I wish that I could say that I am never shaken (vs.6). The truth is that there are times when I see the problems and forget to look to Jesus for the solutions. Like Peter, when walking on the water to meet Jesus, I see the waves and feel the fierce winds and lose sight of the source of strength, and I too sink in despair. I too get discouraged at times. But then I am reminded that all of life is bigger than me. I am reminded that God loves me and gave his Son to die for me so why would he not take care of me. God has bought us at a great price, why would we not know that he will protect his own possession? It is then that I am deeply ashamed but totally relived that God is in control and will never allow me to be tempted beyond what I am able to bear. He will never leave me or forsake me. God is faithful, always faithful!
    O Lord God, please give me greater strength to trust you with all of my cares and my anxieties. Help me to not become anxious or distraught but to rest in your love and your protection. I thank you that you do love me and that you have provided, and continue to provide my every need. I thank you most of all for giving your Son to die in my place that I might live with you eternally. This prayer I offer in His Name.
    May God bless each of us as we live for him and trust him today.

    God bless you three and hold you close as you trek on through this journey! -Jill Steinbrunner

    ReplyDelete