Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How GREAT is our GOD!

First, a story from yesterday that I forget (I know, how could I forget this!). Anyway, many of you know Ryan changed jobs two years ago and decided to join the education field. In order to teach, you've got to have a license and Ryan was one whole quarter and one final class shy of finishing his course work. I called his professor at Wright State to see how I might be able to help him get through his work so that when we fight this that he will have a teaching license and job. She called me back yesterday at lunchtime with the plan.

Ryan had an A going into last night's class. Surprise for those of you who knew him in school? And the professor said he would finish that class with an A. As for the class he is supposed to take spring quarter, she and her staff are creating a web-based course so that he can do the work where he is. She also volunteered to come to us if she needed anything from Ryan. That in itself was a blessing, but that's not all - a few days ago she had a new scholarship opportunity come across her desk, for someone in need. She decided that Ryan was that someone and they are taking care of his tuition for his final quarter. What a relief! She also found someone willing to get him registered so I didn't have to worry about it. What a wonderful woman!

On to today . . . it was my day to not visit the hospital. Ryan's parents visited for a good part of the day and he had a few others visit this afternoon. He didn't sleep well last night, so every time I called this morning, he was still sleeping. By 11:30, it was really getting to me, I needed to hear him speak to me. After lunch, I called him and finally got through. He had already eaten his lunch as well and sounded really great on the phone. The doctor was in early today with 2 pieces of good news.

On Monday, they did a lumbar puncture to check his spinal fluid for cancer cells. The results are in today, negative, no cancer cells there! When we took him to the hospital Friday, his white blood count was 147,000. It was 3,000 today. Praise the LORD.

He was up walking around the halls today. I heard that one of the nurses gave him a slap on the butt to pick up his pace, not sure which one, but you bet I'll be checking on that when I arrive down there tomorrow :) He was asking for speed cones in the hallway, I'm not sure if they got any for him to navigate around, but I'll check on that too.

He was tired at 8:30 when I was talking to him. We pray that he sleeps well tonight and that his cough subsides even more tomorrow.

-A

4 comments:

  1. April & Ryan,

    It is good to hear that you did get some good news! You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

    Kim Marburger, CTC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how God is so good!

    Romans 8:28
    And we know that all things work togther for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

    Thanks for keeping us posted via the blog. It's a great way to keep alot of people updated at once.

    We love you cuz and picture you healed and giving us all a hard time as usual!

    Diana, Marc, Olvia, Ryland, and Colin

    ReplyDelete
  3. April,

    Your posts from last night made me smile and laugh. I am so glad things are moving in the right direction. God is Great!

    The other day I just was thinking about Ryan finishing his schooling at Wright State. I am so relieved and excited to hear that they are so willing to help him get done. Wow!

    Take care!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. April,

    We are excited to hear the good news. A day has not gone by that we haven't thought and prayed for Ryan and you! Praise God! Please let Ryan know that we are thinking of him and will continue the prayers. I can't wait to see that red Fiesta speeding down 127 once more.

    Nick and Angie Wills

    ReplyDelete