Friday, March 27, 2009

We're Home

What a great feeling. We are home. Ryan is laying on the floor in the living room next watching Aubrey play right now. Both our parents were here a little while ago and we ate supper together, the fish and company was good!

Aubrey has been trying to crawl and doing it in the presence of others, but I've never ever seen her do it at home, Ryan had told her she had to wait until he got home and she was showing her stuff tonight. She can sit herself up and has a crawl, flop type of movement going on. She gets where she wants to go.

After about 2 hours in Sidney trying to get Ryan's prescriptions filled, we got home and the first thing Ryan did was take a walk around the barnyard. I think he just wanted to smell the fresh air! He then had to have a nap before supper and then has been resting since then.

The nurses taught me how to wake him every hour and check his vitals :), but I figured I might let him sleep two hours in a row instead of just one . . . just kidding. All he has to do is check his temperature before bed and when he wakes up and take all his pills and he's good.

We're looking forward to a quiet day at home tomorrow.

-A

7 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you guys!!! Enjoy the time!!
    ~Jacci Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the fresh air! Thoughts and prayers -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord! God is good always!
    We have been following the blogs every day, it is sure agreat way to Keep us all posted as to what is going on and specifics to pray for. Thanks for doing them. We know it is not over yet and that we need to keep vigilent in prayer and beleiving but this is a big day of victory and we are thankful and proud of you Ryan, April and Aubry. Keep up the good fight! We are all thankful to God for this day and will continue to pray and beleive with you for complete total victory! Uncle Don

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is so good. We are so glad that you got to come home Ryan. I know you are so thankful April, you have been such and encouragement to watch through this. Everytime I have seen you and talked with you, you made me so thankful that I serve such an amazing God, who has given you such a great attitude through this. We pray for you all daily, and look forward to seeing you soon.
    Jeff and Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your back in the country Ryan,April and Aubry. Mega Dittos to the comments above.Julie, Chloe & I pray daily for you all. Looking forward to talking in person and a dinner out. Todd.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ryan, April and Aubrey,

    Ryan - We are so happy that you got to go home for a few days!! Although we did miss having Aubrey around on Friday night! :( I am sure you are enjoying the outdoors. April- you better rest when the babies (Ryan and Aubrey) are resting, keep up your strength. Not only physically but spritually too!
    We continue to pray daily for each of you through all this.

    Love to all of you,
    Aunt Alma, Uncle John and Justin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! That post brought (happy) tears to my eyes when I read about Ryan taking a walk around the barn yard. I know I was only at your place one time (in college - when we road mules - remember?) but I can still picture it, and I love knowing you all are back where you belong...even if only for a weekend this time...praying and trusting God for more!

    Much love,

    gretta

    ReplyDelete