Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Waiting Game

Well, we've entered into the waiting game. Ryan said the doctor told him that we're just waiting for those numbers to come up and it could take a week or two and then they'll get him out of here. I'm praying for a week, I so want him back home!

He is in very good spirits again today, he's been up all day the nurses tell me. He's been so busy that he didn't even have time to return my phone call after his shower today. I'm looking for a baby-sitter because once I get to bring him home, I'm not going to be able to leave him alone or he might head out to do things he isn't supposed to do :)

God is quite a miracle worker. Ryan told me that the doctor said it might be up to two weeks before he got to come home and I got a little upset, I'm ready for him to be home now . . . when I got to the hospital, Ryan had a devotion for me to read that came over his email (which the nurses let him access in the break room, Julie, I might need you to check on him more than once a day :). Anyway, the devotion was about the idea that you can't be positive and negative at the same time, you must choose. Ryan is always about choosing the positive, today it was a little harder for me, but I will choose the positive as well.

Ryan seems to be back to his old self, we had a good visit tonight.

Pray that his counts rise as quickly as possible. Ryan still has a cough, but respitory says that his lungs look pretty good. He's really hoping that the cough goes away soon.

5 comments:

  1. April-

    I am so sad to hear about your struggle. Lindsey shared the blog link with me. I am praying for you even as I write this. We serve a mighty God and it sounds like you are being reminded of that daily.

    Kristine (Lance) Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there...prayin' for you guys.

    Sarah Davis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan and April,

    Your attitudes in the face of adversity are really an inspiration, and I'm so glad to see that you are allowing this experience to draw you nearer to the Lord rather than pulling you away.

    We are continuing to pray for your family and that you will all be together back at home soon.

    "Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." -Philippians 4:6

    Jill (Wagaman) Steinbrunner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan + April!
    We just wanted to let you know we are praying for you and that we will babysit if you need help.
    love,
    Mark, Beth, Whitney, Allie, and Emily Kindell

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll babysit anytime, just give us a call! Gabrielle would love to practice having a little sister around. Jeremy, Lisa and Gabrielle.

    ReplyDelete