Saturday, March 14, 2009

Moving in the Right Direction

Well, it has been 1 whole week since we arrived at Miami Valley Hospital. Ryan looks so much better than he did when we got here last Friday night. He seems to be taking to the chemo pretty well, he is not nauseated and other than being tired doesn't seem to have many side effects right now. The doctors and nurses say that he will probably get a little sicker when his white count drops completely down, but right now he seems to be fairing well.

Aubrey and I are tired, but we enjoy our visits to see Daddy and we pray for him when we're not there. Dr. Sabiers, Dr. Marinella's associate is on call this weekend, so he was in to see Ryan this morning. He shared with me that Ryan's counts were down again this morning, 1,300. We also found out his x-ray results this morning. After only 7 days of being here, the mass in his chest has shrunk significantly. Praise God!

Ryan has been up sitting in his chair most of the day. He even did a few laps around the hallway and I stood in the hall just to make sure there weren't any nurses trying to smack his butt! I fended them off :)

We are still watching a low grade temperature and his blood pressure. It had been down the other day, but was up again today.

We ask that you pray for those two issues and I ask that you also keep me in your prayers. I am tired at the end of each day and do sleep well, but I always want to stay longer at the hospital than my physical body wants me to.

Until tomorrow
-A

2 comments:

  1. Hey April,
    Not sure if you know me, but I'm one of Ryan's classmates, Sarah (Schmitmeyer)Davis. I've met you a few times, but I know how that goes. Everytime I open my inbox and see Scott's updates I pray for you guys. I know how hard it must be at home when you are alone with a child. I pray for your comfort and strength. Please tell Ryan that I'm say a prayer for him and can't wait to see his happy, smiling face again soon. My uncle had this exact same diagnosis a few years ago and is almost 8 years cancer free! God is good~Ryan is a fighter and he will come thru, it's just a matter of time. Tell him I said hello, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan and April,

    I knew about the diagnosis for a little while now, but I just figured out about the whole blog thing. I've known Ryan for quite some time, and I just could not believe what had happened when I found out. Although I am away at school most of the time, I want you to know that your family are in my prayers, and I'll be checking this periodically to find out the latest news on the situation in the hopes of a quick return back to old Willowdell. God Bless and Take Care.

    -Kelly Grieshop

    ReplyDelete