Monday, March 30, 2009

Round Two Begins

Well, I had to return Ryan to the hospital today. I'm actually still here with him, but will be heading home to get Aubrey soon. The doctor was in about lunch time and said that Ryan needed about 12 hours of fluids before the chemo starts and so he has to wait until mid-morning tomorrow to start the chemo. He will have one drug tomorrow and another on Wednesday/Thursday. He will also get a flush of chemo in his spinal fluid on Friday. As long as he doesn't have any major side effects and his temperature stays down, he will probably come home Friday night or Saturday, I'm thinking it will most likely be Saturday.

He feels pretty good today. He got here in time to eat lunch and he's now getting his fluids. Other than that, he's not doing anything else today. The doctor said he sounded good when he listened to his chest and was quick to make sure he didn't do any work over the weekend :)

We played cards this afternoon and he's interested in some show on the history channel, not really my cup of tea. I felt like we moved out of the hospital Friday, but we brought lots of his posters and pictures back today, so I decorated the room all over again this morning. It makes Ryan feel a little better about things, so I'm glad to do it.

Ryan is back in his original room, so if you come to visit, it is like he's never left.

We pray this week that his chemo isn't too tough on him, side effect wise, and that he gets to come home quickly at the end of the week. I pray that the weekend was good to help keep his spirits up through this week. I know that our loving God answers our prayers and that he is constantly watching over us and guiding us through this.

-A

1 comment:

  1. I was so excited and overwhelmed to hear that Ryan made it home for the weekend AND for the CTC National Honor Society program...what a blessing!! My eyes filled with tears as well. But know that just reading your daily blogs has been such an inspiration to me. You are all truly amazing and such role models to all of us.

    we look forward to the day Ryan makes it home for good. We will continue to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers. Your faith, family and friends will see you through.

    Bill and Marcy Roll

    Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who strengthens me.

    ReplyDelete