Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Prayers Needed

Ryan had to get platelets and magnesium today; he was in Greenville from around 8:00-3:00. When he got home he didn't do much - he went outside for a little while. He was supposed to be hanging some pictures for me in the front room, but those didn't get hung. Around 6, I touched his arm and thought he felt a bit warm so I made him take his temperature. It was 100.5, so he called Columbus. They told him to take tylenol and wait until morning to see what happened.

His white cell count was 11.8 today, in the normal range, but up a good bit from Monday. His platelets were only 12 (they're supposed to be above 150) so that's why he got platelets. His hemoglobin was 10.8, which isn't in the normal range yet, but it is going in the right direction.

I had a rough day today; I'm being a bit selfish, but I wanted my pictures hung and my bookshelf moved since Monday and they haven't gotten done yet. When Ryan got a fever, I was further upset because I didn't really want to drive to Columbus tonight.

The tylenol has brought the fever down - it was 98.7 when he just took it a few minutes ago. Please pray that the fever will drop and stay down, that his platelets will begin to build on their own, and that I can start over and have a better day tomorrow.

Here's a picture of Aubrey


-A

3 comments:

  1. Oh, April...we'll keep praying. I know what it's like to be a list-maker and just want to see things crossed off; I know you really want Ryan well, not just so your pictures get hung, but that's just the sort of thing like - why can't we at least have this one normal thing? We continue to pray for healing for him and strength for you. And...
    I just can't get over how cute Aubrey is! Oh, so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubrey really is adorable! Thanks for sharing the picture.

    April, you aren't being selfish. You've had a lot of stressful things building up, and you've all handled them so well. Sometimes it's the little things that can make us feel like we want to snap.

    We continue praying for Ryan's complete and long-term healing and for strength for all three of you in the meantime.

    ~Jill S.

    "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save." -Zephaniah 3:17

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our family is praying for yours!
    -Jesse, Ashley, Jace and Jamey

    ReplyDelete