Friday, April 9, 2010

Breaking Free

Ryan is officially out of the hospital. He was ready by lunch time, but I had meetings at the office today, so I couldn't get here to break him free until after work. He waited, fairly patiently, until I made it. Ryan was able to get all his prescriptions and be packed and ready by the time I arrived. I called him about 5 minutes out and they brought him downstairs to meet me. That was a great blessing because I was thinking I would have to take Aubrey in, pick up prescriptions, go upstairs and get him, and then head back to the car. This was so much easier. As soon as we pulled up to the hospital, Aubrey knew we were seeing Daddy and I told her that he'd be coming out to go in the car with us, so she waited as patiently as a 20 month old can until he showed up at the door. The look on her face was priceless. She was so excited that Daddy was getting in the van with us. She hardly left his side all night long. They read books, painted, and combed hair.

Ryan's white count is 2300 today. His hemoglobin was 10 and his platelets were 96. He felt pretty good. He is now worn out on the couch, which is probably the least comfortable piece of furniture in our vacation home. Ryan has his first appointment at the clinic on Tuesday.

-A

2 comments:

  1. Wulber's,
    So GLAD you are out of the hospital. We will pray that you get to enjoy your "vacation" home as a family.
    Thinking of you daily,
    Chuck and Kelly Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad this phase is over for you. You are in our prayers. Ryan, follow nurse April and Aubrey's orders to the letter, otherwise I will make a road trip for an attitude adjustment. Just kidding, takes care of yourself and those loved ones. Waid and Pat

    ReplyDelete