Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Good Day/Bad Day

I woke Ryan up this morning by calling him on my way to a workshop. He sounded good and said that he was going to order breakfast. He didn't have any counts yet, so he told me to call if I had a break mid-morning. So, I called around 10:30 and I woke him up again. I think he ate breakfast and then fell back asleep. When I called him at lunch time, he wasn't feeling the greatest, so he had taken some nausea medicine. He was sick again a couple of hours later. When I got to the hospital at 3:30, he was still a little drowsy and slept for about 30 minutes or so.

He later decided that he was going to get up and take a shower, but then it was time for supper, so he ate supper first and then took a shower. After his shower we took a fairly long walk. When we returned, I practiced changing his dressing while the nurse watched. I passed my test, so tomorrow I have to change caps and flush his lines and then we're all ready for discharge. I took some things from the hospital to the apartment tonight because the doctors said today that they were planning for him to be discharged on Friday. His white count actually went down just a tad today 1.4. The nurse said that sometimes they move up and down a little while they are heading up. His platelets went up today, they were 45 and his hemoglobin stayed about the same, I don't remember the actual number.

Ryan ate a fairly good supper tonight and then he was asking for a popsicle tonight when I left.

I was a little concerned that his white count dropped, even just a little. I pray that it will go up tomorrow and that his nausea will get a bit better. Aubrey and I are ready to have him out of that hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment