Thursday, April 1, 2010

2 Visits

Aubrey got to come visit her daddy 2 times today! She was excited. The second time she came she got a care package from her friends Sam and Caroline Newton. Tell Sam that Aubrey enjoyed the fruit leather, she had Ryan tear it open right away. She also took a "ride" on Ryan's IV pole. She figured out that if she sits on it and moves her feet back and forth that it will move. She enjoyed the ride.

Ryan's white count stayed at 400 again today. I think that it is getting a little discouraging to him (me too) to not see those numbers going up. I fully believed that I would see a change when I got there this morning, but it still said 400. His nurse said that tomorrow they might be up a little, but she thought by Saturday we'd see a big jump in them. It sounds like when they begin to come up that they come up quickly. I pray that the cells are working in his body correctly and that we will see the numbers begin to show that. It is difficult to sit in the hospital and be told that all we have to do is wait, but we don't know how long we're waiting for.

I practiced changing a dressing on Chester chest today. I practiced twice and the nurse said she thinks that I'll do fine. I think that Ryan's dressing is due for a change tomorrow, so I'll give it a try on him when that needs done. I also practiced changing end caps and flushing the line that I will also have to do when the dressing gets changed. I think I'm ready, but I had to nurse print off the directions just in case I forget something.

We had a special set of visitors today, which I thought were going to be an April Fools joke - they weren't. Our good friends Ben and Lindsey who live in Pennsylvania (who we're going to visit sometime soon) sent us a care package through friends of theirs. I got a strange phone call on Sunday asking if I was going to be in Ryan's hospital room because this person had a package to bring to us; I wasn't there Sunday, so they said they would come today. They came this afternoon and delivered our package, and stayed for a brief visit. They told us to call them if we ever needed something to do, so once Ryan gets out of the hospital, we might have to call them for another visit, with less mysteriousness :)

We pray that Ryan's white count will show upward movement tomorrow and that he will be less sleepy and more energetic throughout the day tomorrow.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment