Sunday, April 18, 2010

Family

Today Ryan slept in until I woke him up at 9 so that I could take a shower. My parents, brother and sister-in-law, and my nieces were planning to come this afternoon, so I put Aubrey down for a late morning nap around 10:15. I then left Ryan to "rest" while I went to look for a new coat. I came back about an hour later, with more than a coat, and learned that Ryan had gotten sick. He took some nausea medicine, but it didn't seem to help, so he tried the other nausea medicine and finally his stomach settled down. It took a while, so he decided not to try to eat lunch. We were planning to visit Graeters Ice Cream parlor when my family came, so he decided he'd just wait for the ice cream - he waited all right. He had 2 scoops of ice cream in a waffle cone. He was the last one finished with his ice cream and the girls were already playing on the indoor playground by the time he finished. They sure had a wonderful time. They were all sweaty and red-faced by the time we were ready to leave.

We had a nice visit and then when we got back to the apartment, Ryan wanted a nap, Aubrey laid down as well. I woke her up at 6:30 so that she'd sleep tonight. We have been seeing Pizza Hut commercials on TV, so we had pizza delivered (that never happens in Willowdell :)). Unfortunately, the gave us the wrong kind of crust and put cheese on our bread sticks. If you've ever eaten Pizza Hut pizza with us, you know the bread sticks are my favorite part and I was very disappointed when I opened the box. They tasted fine, but that's not what I was looking forward to.

Ryan's been laying on the couch most of the evening and Aubrey and I read through her basket of books, until the Country Music Awards came on and she wanted to dance.

Ryan's been a bit congested the last couple of days, so we ask that you pray for that nasal congestion to go away. I also pray that his nausea will be gone tomorrow. He ate supper find, and didn't get sick after all the ice cream, but he still hasn't seemed up to par today.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment