Friday, August 13, 2010

God Blesses Us

each and every day. Ryan's parents, his sister and brother-in-law, and my dad took turns staying with Ryan yesterday while Aubrey and I went to the Columbus Zoo and Zoombeezi Bay (waterpark). We had a blast and Ryan had a pretty good day as well. He was up and outside with his dad in the morning and was cleaning up his desk and other parts of the house in the afternoon. Of course, he was alseep on the couch waiting for his supper when I got home at 7:00.

I was talking to Sandy (our baby-sitter) on the phone when I pulled in the driveway last night. I was speechless when I saw the number of cars that were parked at our house. Ryan had told me some people were coming over to work around the barns and such, and so I expected maybe 15 - there were more like 40! Ryan and I walked around this morning and he is so excited about everything that was done. If you helped, thank you greatly.

Ryan had to get 2 bags of blood and 2 bags of platelets again today. Today wasn't near as fast as Tuesday, I'm not sure what happened exactly, but he's home now and we're getting ready to call it a night.

Ryan was up and outside again today. He napped some while he was at Wayne Hospital, but when he got home, he had to check out all the work that got done around here tonight. The crew must have been here again, but we missed them while in Greenville, waiting for the blood to finish dripping in. I think it may have been going drop by drop, instead of flowing in . . .

Ryan's white count is starting on its way back up; his platelets and hemoglobin were both up from Tuesday, but just not quite far enough. He has made some progress and seems to feel better each day, so we're very thankful for that.

We continue to pray that his white count stays under control as it begins to build back up and that his hemoglobin and platelet levels can begin to hold their numbers and start growing so we have less time to spend in the hospital.

-A

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you Ryan... praying for your pain to subside and for you to gt stronger everyday. Sure gonna miss seeing you @ school this year. May God continue to nless you.
    Julie Millhouse- CTC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow your blog daily. Thanks for your effort to keep us informed.

    Isn't wonderful how God shows His love, by sending His "hands" to help us?

    You all are in our thoughts and prayers daily. Enjoy each minute!!

    Hugs
    Elaine Flynn

    ReplyDelete