Monday, August 16, 2010

Not Much Change

Things are going about the same today as yesterday. Ryan is still coughing quite a bit and doesn't hardly have a voice. He ate a little better today than he did yesterday and was up maybe a little bit more today than yesterday.

The nurse comes tomorrow morning to draw his blood, so we'll find out around lunch time whether we'll make another trip to Wayne Hospital for blood or platelets. I'm hoping that his hemoglobin level has finally gotten enough help to stay up and that if he needs anything that it will just be platelets.

I have to go back to work tomorrow. Although I love my job, I always hate having to go back when summer is over . . .

I think that I have neglected to mention on here that Ryan will not be going back to work this fall. He has decided that the best thing to do is take a medical leave of absence from MVCTC. This will last for 1 semester. If he is feeling better in January, he can return to work at that time.

Thank you for your continued prayers for Ryan.

-A

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wise decision for Ryan to take a furlough from his "official job". Taking care of himself is a job that is very very important. I used to work with the nurses from Wayne who I figure are taking care of Ryan. Sooo, when I run into them, I tell them that I am following his blog and how his days go at Wayne!! They are good people and I am sure that they take good care of Ryan. Of course, they can't say anything due to HIPPA but I can and do.
    Praying that you are all peaceful as this journey continues and that Ryan will soon be feeling better.
    Take care.
    The blog is a great reminder for prayer and what needs to be prayed for.
    Blessings to you.
    Carmen Snyder

    ReplyDelete