Friday, August 27, 2010

Posts Continue



I wanted to let everyone who has been following us for the past 18 months know that I plan to continue to keep up with this blog. One of these days, I will get around to changing the name and maybe even the design, if I get adventurous :).

We were extremely blessed (and continue to be each day I get the mail) with your kind words and hugs and prayers for our entire family Wednesday and Thursday. Ryan loved God, life, and other people and it truly showed. We are mourning and missing him, but he wouldn't have wanted our lives to stop and they will not.

Aubrey and I, along with my parents, Kaitlyn and Camryn, Rachel and Nathan, and Jake and Brandi visited the fair today. We rode rides, looked at the few animals that were left, laughed and enjoyed junk food! At one point, a butterfly landed on my watch, then flew away, returned, flew away, and then returned to my fingers. It was then stuck, I tried to shoo it away, but had to practically knock it off before getting on a ride. It then returned and landed in my hair. It felt special to me, like someone was smiling down on us.

Your prayers and remembrances will help us get through this tough period.

One request - A good friend of mine lost her father when she was young. She told me last night that just a couple of years ago, her mom gave her a book of things people had written about her father - a memory, a funny story, a thought about the type of friend or co-worker he was. If you would like to write something for me to keep for Aubrey, please send it to us. I will compile them and keep them for her.


-A

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are continuing to blog. I'll spread the word about the request. Thanks for posting pictures of you and Aubrey.
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Glad you will continue to update us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. April you are just so amazing to me. The Strength that you have is just wow. Im so glad God has given you this. If there is anthing you need let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your butterfly experience made me smile.

    ~Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  5. we (the bone marrow girls) have been thinking about you. just wanted you to know that we love you. when you are ready come visit us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! April you have the strength God intended for us all. Thank you for sharing Ryan and your experience with us. I know that I have been touched by the love that you share. I know Aubrey is going to cherish the book you are making for her, filled with wonderful stories made with a mother's love. You will continue to feel Ryan's love and support as you embrace this new "normai" with Aubrey. Keep you and Ryan's family close!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi April,

    I was a nurse at the James with you and Ryan for a couple of days. I was so impressed at your families strength and love in the face of Ryan's condition. I would like to send a small story for Aubrey. I was with Ryan for such a short time but it was obvious how much he adored her. Should I post it here or send it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  8. April,

    You know in your heart that the butterfly was sent by Ryan to let you know that he is still by your side and sharing special moments with you and Aubrey. My mother lost her mom and dad several years ago. They both loved birds and had birdhouses everywhere, even at the nursing home my grandmother was in. After each of them passed away, a new cardinal appeared and the same cardinals reappear time and time again. My parents moved and even after moving, the cardinals moved with them and now have appeared at their new home. The beauty of life and God's gift is amazing! Even after death we are surrounded by the miracles of God and gentle reminders of the ones we loved.

    I also think the idea of sending stories about Ryan to give to Aubrey when she gets older is a great idea and I would love to submit a story. Could you please post where you would like these sent to. Thank-you and you and Aubrey are in my continued thoughts and prayers.

    Cindy Worley
    RN Bone Marrow Transplant Unit
    7 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. shift

    ReplyDelete