Sunday, August 22, 2010

Visitors

We had several visitors today. It is enjoyable to sit and talk with people, Ryan didn't wake up for many people, but he did open his eyes and look around a few times.

I have been able to turn Ryan's oxygen down to between 11 and 12. He's saturation has been 93-95. We may turn it down just a little more tomorrow, but I don't think it will be able to go down much more. I wish we could get it so that he didn't have to wear the mask for oxygen because it doesn't appear to be comfortable on his face at all, but right now he needs that, so we're doing our best.

Ryan did sleep most of the day, and didn't use a lot of extra pain medicine. That means he's at least not waking up in pain, which is comforting to me.

It is a struggle to see him look so sick, and I pray constantly that he is comforted and at peace.

-A

8 comments:

  1. Hello my ole freind... I pray for you daily. You're daughter looks much like you Ryan....Ornery! Please know that you and your family are always in our prayers.
    Bernie Goedde and Family
    Owens Community College.
    John Deere Ag Tech Program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met my best friend at Owens. You have made me a better man. Thank you Ryan. I love you.
    Thank you April and Ryan for showing us the example of true love.
    Curtis Shoemaker Owens class of 2000.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for you!
    Jon & Emily Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are "with" you!
    Much Love, Tim & Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. April we were very sad about the news we received this morning, our thoughts n prayers are with you and your family today and ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. April you and your familes will be in our thoughts and prayers, we are so sorry to hear what happened

    ReplyDelete
  7. April, I just heard the sad news. You and your families are in my thoughts and prayers. He was a HELL of a guy who will be missed by everyone. I am SO proud to have called him a friend.

    Scott Ward

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We pray every day at supper and every night before bed with our 3yr old. He prays for his list of people and Ryan is always on that list. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete