Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day +5

We are moving right along. I was at the hospital today when the doctors came in so I got to meet Dr. Benson, the new attending doctor and hear him tell Ryan that he thought he was doing "awesome." He told us today that the regimen of radiation and chemotherapy that they gave him before the transplant is the toughest one they use. He said Ryan was looking really well and doing awesome as far as he was concerned.

Ryan does have a pretty raw throat and a few sores on the sides of his mouth. He is able to eat soft foods because they have him hooked up to a pain pump which keeps the edge off the pain of the sore throat. He took a pretty long walk while I was there today and only slept for about 1 1/2 hours. He may have taken a nap when I left, I'm not sure, but I guess he deserves one when his white count is only 200. His platelets dropped again today and he may have to get a transfusion of platelets tomorrow.

Otherwise, things are still going smooth. We pray that his mouth begins to feel better in the next day or so and that his body continues to do what it is supposed to and that he doesn't get a fever.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment