Saturday, March 20, 2010

Farm Shopping

I got to sleep in a little bit this morning! That's the first time in I don't know how long. I decided to leave Aubrey at home with my parents this weekend so that we weren't making several trips back and forth to Columbus, and since she's not allowed to see Ryan right now - I figured it would just be better for her to stay home. I found out today that her cousin, Camryn, gets to spend the night with her tonight and they were planning to go to McDonalds for supper tonight. What a great night for a kid!

When I got to the hospital (around 10) this morning, Ryan was getting morphine. He woke up with a bad headache and a sore throat. He had already had medicine for his headache and so he was getting the morphine for the pain in his throat. They were also getting ready to hang his first bag of blood for the day. His hemoglobin was low this morning so he got 2 units of blood this morning. After they got everything situated, he started in with his phone calls. He had the Farm World laid out on his lap and was looking for bargains. He found some rims for the duals for one of his tractors - now his dad has to make the trip to pick them up!

After his shopping spree he decided he needed a nap. He then ate some lunch and took a shower. We tried to watch a movie, but the one we picked out, Funny People, was vulgar and so it didn't last very long - back to basketball on TV.

Ryan's white count was still at 300 today and his platelets have dropped the last few days, but they aren't low enough that he needs any platelets right now. He hasn't taken a walk yet today, but I'm hoping to get him up for a walk before I leave for the night. He is just eating supper right now.

Because of his sore throat, it is a little hard for him to eat; otherwise, he still feels pretty good and has actually been awake most of the day.

I praise God each day that I see him looking so good. I know his throat hurts and I know he is tired because his counts are so low, but his attitude is still great and I feel like he's doing wonderful for all he's been through.

I praise God for that and I thank each of you for your continued prayers for us through this ordeal. Please pray that Ryan's throat doesn't get worse and that he doesn't develop sores. Also pray that he is able to continues to be able to eat and stay strong through each day.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment