Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Looongg Day

Today we left at 6:15 to head to Columbus, we took Ryan's brother Russell with us for his appointments as he is to be Ryan's donor. Everything went pretty well. We thought we'd be done around 4:30 and got out of there by 5, so I didn't think it went too badly. It was just a very long day. Ryan had to do a heart test and a lung function test. We met with the radiation/oncology doctor about Ryan's radiation treatment and then we talked with Dr. Devine, the transplant doctor about how everything would go.

I felt we had a pretty informative day and I felt better after talking with Dr. Devine about the length of the hospital stay and our subsequent stay in Columbus. They want to get him back home as soon as they can.

Ryan is looking forward to a few days of rest and going to the spaghetti supper on Saturday night.

We also have been blessed by hearing of 3 more fundraisers for us. The students at Tri-Village are bringing dollars this week to wear pajamas, wacky clothes, hats, etc. and they have decided they are giving the money to us. The Versailles FFA Alumni is selling raffle tickets for quarters of beef and the processing. Those prizes will be raffled off next Tuesday at the FFA Banquet. Some family friends have decided they would like to hold a pancake breakfast fundraiser for us, that will be sometime in April and I'll post information here when there are more details.

We truly appreciate all that is being done for us and greatly appreciate all the prayers because God is sustaining us through this.

1 comment:

  1. I think of all the possible birthday wishes that I could have wanted/wished for and this is best~I am so glad things are moving foward and that Ryan is feeling better and April is staying strong. I continue to pray for you both and know that God will get you through this:)

    There is an African word ubuntu that basically means my actions affect you and your actions affect me; we are in this together. I firmly believe in this word and its power. It seems that all these wonderful fundraisers and other gifts are proof of ubuntu.

    Thinking of you:)

    Savannah

    ReplyDelete