Saturday, March 27, 2010

More Nosebleeds

There have been a couple more nosebleeds today, but they haven't been quite as bad as the ones yesterday. Ryan got some platelets late last night and then some more earlier today. His platelet count is up to 48 now, which is pretty good for a cancer patient.

He wanted to have a nap all day long, but the longest he got was only about half an hour. He took a shower around 12:30 and then we went for a walk downstairs and I got some lunch. Then Ryan got some platelets and napped on and off for the afternoon. He didn't eat any lunch because he was having a nosebleed and was tired, so now he is preparing to eat supper.

His white count is at 300 today, another bounce. He got his last dose of methotrexate (a chemo to help with graft v. host disease). He said the doctor told him this morning that it'd probably be another 7-10 days. He couldn't remember if that was in the hospital or before his counts would begin to come up. We are continuing to pray that only good things happen from here on out. They have his platelets up to a good level, so we hope for no more major nosebleeds. His c-diff results came back and were negative so he's not in isolation any more. His fever has been gone for a few days and we pray for no more fevers. Everyone tells him that they think he's doing great, so we just need to see his numbers begin to recover and get him one step closer to coming home for good.


I've been told be several people that we've been so strong and shown a lot of faith throughout this whole ordeal. I want to say that God is really carrying us and holding us up through our families and friends who care for us. There is no way that we could do this alone. I'm truly not that strong, but I think we have strong faith that makes us strong. There isn't much fun in this, but I see joy every day. Ryan makes at least one nurse laugh each day and me as well. I see joy on his face when he gets to see Aubrey or when someone tells him that his daughter is "so cute." Aubrey is still a little scared of the mask, but she is joyful that he is just in the room where she can run around and play and he can watch her. I am joyful when he smiles at me from his bed just after he wakes up from his nap. I am joyful when I can hear Aubrey saying "mommy, mommy" when I walk up to our apartment door. I am joyful that I can do some of my work from the hospital and can sit by Ryan's side here more than I could at Miami Valley. There are trying times, but there is so much joy in this family and I am joyful for that reason.

We keep on praying
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment