Monday, May 10, 2010

Great News

I'm sorry that I haven't blogged for a few days. Friday night we went to a birthday party for some of Ryan's friends, and although we planned to leave around 9:30, it was 11 before we got out of there and after midnight before I had things put away and was ready for bed.

On Saturday, Ryan took 2 trips to Celina in my van to try to get the tire pressure sensor fixed. They thought they had it fixed and he was almost home and the light came back on again. So, he returned the van and brought home a loaner so they could keep it until they got it fixed. They think they have it fixed as of this afternoon, but who knows when we'll have time to drive up there to pick it up!

Sunday we had a busy day - we went to church and then to my parents' to celebrate mother's day with my family. Ryan got me a bookshelf, already put together and lined up with the other shelves in my office. He also got me a wheelbarrow and knee pad for working in the flower beds. I have been using his grandmother's old wheelbarrow which is working fine, but is beginning to get holes rusting through the bottom, so the weeds fall out when I put them in. Sunday evening we went to Ryan's sister's house to celebrate mother's day with his family. It was another late evening by the time I got everything put away last night.

Today I went to work and then we had a mother-daughter banquet at church, so Aubrey and I got home late again. She just went to bed about 20 minutes ago.

So, what's that good news? Ryan called the doctor's office checking on the results of his bone marrow from last Tuesday - everything looks very good and there is no sign of leukemia. Tomorrow will be a long day as we have to be in Dublin at 9:00 for 2 CT scans and then onto the James for a lumbar puncture and visit with the doctor. We pray that all goes smoothly and timely so we aren't too late getting home and picking up Aubrey tomorrow. Also pray that the lumbar puncture doesn't make Ryan too sick.

-A

2 comments:

  1. Great news!! Praise the Lord!

    ~Jill S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord!!! I am sooooo glad to hear this! We will continue to pray for you guys!!

    Alicia S.

    ReplyDelete