Thursday, May 20, 2010

Praise the Lord

We had a short visit at the James today. We were there just about 1 hour, so our drive time of 4 hours was a little long for that visit, but I'd rather be home than living in Columbus. Ryan is showing now signs of graft vs. host disease. The worst things he is battling right now are a stuffy nose and dry skin around his head and ears. The nurse practitioner we saw today said that he was doing wonderful and that his counts looked perfect. His lumbar puncture was negative for any leukemia, so all the tests are now back and negative. We were very happy when we left there today.

Ryan and I were able to eat lunch out today, we enjoyed soup and salad at the Olive Garden. I then dropped him off down at CTC and he worked a while before going to graduation. I came home and finished planting flowers and my mom came and finished putting the edgers in around the porch. I think it looks great. I plan to finish the mulching tomorrow, unless I get rained out.

It was a wonderful day and we thank God for our blessings - especially the little one who got her own shovel tonight and "dug" the mulch out of the flower beds for mommy :)

-A

2 comments: