Monday, May 24, 2010

Things Don't Go As Planned

Today I get a reminder that I'm not in control. When I picked Aubrey up from Sandy's house, I learned that one of the kids that is normally there didn't come today because of a fever and another one went home from Sandy's with a fever. When we got home, Aubrey wanted to swing, so Ryan stayed outside with her a little while while I got a few things ready in the house. When she came in, I thought she felt hot - she had a low grade fever. We were supposed to meet a college friend of mine for supper in St. Mary's, but instead we took Aubrey to the doctor's and then had maid-rites. Aubrey is fine, doctor says just a cold. She acts like she might be cutting teeth - maybe that's causing the fever. I guess I overreacted a little.

After we ate, Ryan wanted to stop and look for a wedding band to replace his lost one. We stopped at Wal-Mart (we're not spending much in case he loses it again :), we didn't find a ring, but found enough other stuff so that we didn't get out of there for much less than $100 - I think you have to spend that much every time you go into Wal-Mart.

We head to Columbus tomorrow, but his appointment isn't until 12:30, so we don't have to leave too early.

-A

3 comments:

  1. We call Wal-Mart the $100 store at our house instead of the $1 store. I am praying things go well tomorrow. Take care.
    ~Jacci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that things are going well for you guys. As far as wedding bands go Chuck has lost two in the four years we have been married. Needless to say he goes bare fingered... Hey Ryan I got April's back on the "typing errors". Leave her alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. April -

    We'll try to catch you in August. It occurred to me that Celina is really not that far even from my parents, so we could just go over one evening, rather than cram it into our 9 hour trip on a weekday morning.

    ReplyDelete