Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Day of Rest

We didn't do a whole lot today. We went to church this morning and the sermon was titled Average Parents - it was all about putting our trust as parents into God and allowing him to help us raise our children and teaching our children that our ultimate goal is to honor and please God, not their parents. I hope that I am able to instill those principles in Aubrey as I raise her (with the help of family, of course).

After church we went to my parents' and had lunch with Jake and Brandi and their girls. The girls played a while and then Aubrey took a nap. My mom and I went to Kohls. I found a shirt and pair of shoes for Aubrey and bought myself a few pairs of pants. I saved over $200.00 . . . and Ryan would say - you would have saved more than that if you had stayed home! After we returned from the store, Aubrey was up from her nap, so we headed home. On the way, we stopped to visit Grandpa and Grammy. Auntie Rachel happened to be there as well, so we saw her and Uncle Russell too. We also got to pet all of Grandpa's horses, especially Captain, Aubrey's favorite.

We came home for a late supper, Aubrey played a while and went to bed - I'm going to do some reading and head that way myself before too long.

-A

2 comments:

  1. You will do a fine job of raising Aubrey! Keep your families close. It is so nice to hear that you are fortunate to have such a great relationship with both your family and Ryan's. Glad you found some deals too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day. Love your comments (and Ryan's) about Kohls. I always love looking at my receipt and seeing what I saved, but then I have to admit - no one in their right mind would every buy anything at Kohls full price, would they? :)

    ReplyDelete