Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Look, New Address

Couple things to note: I'm going to change the blog address in a few days - it will be http://thewulberfamily.blogspot.com. Sorry for those of you who have it memorized, but I thought it might be easier not to have to log onto Ryan Wulber to see what Aubrey and I have been up to.

Also, Ryan's classmates are hosting a pork loin benefit in honor of Ryan. It will be held at the Goat Farmer's Ranch in Yorkshire on October 17 from 11-2. Meals are $6.00 for pork loin, au gratin potatoes, green beans, roll, and apple crisp. Meals are carry out only. I have tickets as do some of his classmates.

We drove to Pennsylvania in one day and were tired by the time we arrived. The trip took about 9 1/2 hours. I thought Aubrey would sleep at least 3 of them, ha ha. She ended up falling asleep about an hour before we stopped for lunch and so then she wasn't tired when we got back into the van. Not too long after that, we entered Pennsylvania and got on the turnpike - there we went through our first tunnel. After I told her there were probably more, she wouldn't close her eyes for anything. She loved the tunnels! We stayed with my friend Gretta and her family and the kids played on the playground Thursday evening before bath and bed time.



Friday we went to Chocolate World in Hershey. What a fun thing to do before lunch time!


After Chocolate World, Aubrey and I followed my friend Lindsey to her house where we spent the rest of our trip. Gretta and her family met us all Saturday morning in Strasburg to ride the train out into the countryside and back. Then we had lunch at a little cafe in town and got the kids the ice cream that we had promised them Friday.



We had a birthday party for Lindsey's daughter Caroline on Saturday evening. Sunday we went to church. Sunday's are hard for me because that's when Ryan and I spent the most time together - Aubrey was a bit of a distraction because she didn't want to go to her class during church, so she sat with Lindsey and I. Sunday evening we took the kids to see a ball game - the Lancaster Barnstormers beat the Camden Riversharks by 1 run! They had fireworks afterwards and a playground - so the kids were in heaven.


Monday before heading home we learned how to fold a pretzel at a pretzel factory and we rode in an Amish buggy. Then we drove the 9 1/2 hour trip home that I described last night.


I'm heading back to work tomorrow. Pray that all goes well.

-A

4 comments:

  1. Hi April,

    I like the new look! It's very bright and cheery. We'll watch for the new blog address.

    Praying things go well as you head back to work today, and I'm glad you and Aubrey enjoyed such a nice trip.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a good first day back and I continue to pray that this first week back goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new look to the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again so much for coming! Sounds like Lindsey just kept pouring on the activities for you right up until the last minute. I can believe Aubrey (and you) were wiped out after that. I was wiped out, and I did half the activities and had 1/10th the drive!

    gretta

    ReplyDelete