Friday, September 24, 2010

One Month

Yesterday marked one month since Ryan went home to be with Jesus. Each and every day, we do something or hear something or I say something that reminds me of a fond memory of Ryan. Each day we pull in the driveway and drive past Ryan's car, Aubrey explains that that is Daddy's car and Mommy doesn't drive it. She's right, I don't! I tried once, it didn't go too well :)

I have been receiving letters for Aubrey's scrapbook and will continue to collect them for a while; I haven't decided yet exactly how I want to compile them. Thanks to everyone who has sent something; they are touching.

I haven't said a lot about how we feel God's presence since Ryan has passed, but he is surely with us. I know that many of you are praying for us daily and I truly appreciate that. I miss Ryan every day and I know that life has changed without him, but I believe that I am happy and that God is holding us right in the palm of his hand. He hasn't left us before and I don't believe he will in the future. As I'm typing this, I can hear the windchimes that are hanging on our front porch. I listen to them and smile. They always bring a smile to my face and are a pleasant reminder that Ryan did too.

-A

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to have those little reminders, and to feel like a part of Ryan is still with you!God is amazing at not letting someone feel completely alone in hard times! Still thinkin of you and your family daily! much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your pleasant thoughts of Ryan. It brings me peace as well. I am sure you have been overwhelmed with how to put Aubrey's book together, know that whatever you decide will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete